The Town of Readfield is prepared to provide municipal services to our residents, and to support the flow of information and resources from State and Federal agencies in response to the global Coronavirus outbreak. This page will serve as a primary point of reference. For a summary of our preparations and response, please review the memos below from the Town Manager:
- June Reopening Memo - Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- Ongoing COVID-19 Response Memo - Friday, March 27, 2020
- COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Memo - Sunday, March 15, 2020
Community Needs and Volunteering:
If you have a need or know someone with an unmet need during this crisis please reach out to us and we will work to ensure that community needs are met. We are actively organizing errand assistance for those at risk of exposure or self-quarantined, to pick up groceries, food bank orders, pharmacy, and other needs.
- Those needing assistance, or aware of a need, should contact the Town Office at (207) 685-4939 or Sign Up Online to Request Assistance!
- Volunteers may contact the Town Office at (207) 685-4939 or Sign Up Online to Volunteer!
Please do not volunteer if you have concerns about risk to yourself or others. Our response is volunteer driven with town support. We will be focusing on errand assistance while avoiding duplication of services offered elsewhere. More information on how to connect with other services may be found at www.readfieldmaine.org.
Public meetings will continue to be held, but attendees are requested to participate electronically. Each meeting notice will include a link for videoconferencing and a phone number for telephone call in. If you would like to comment, you can do so by participating in the meeting, or submitting comments in advance through our new Public Meeting and Hearing Comment Form. A link to this form will also be included with most meeting announcements.
Currently the following municipal services have been modified or are unavailable:
- The Readfield Twon Office is now open to the public, provided certain safety measures are followed - the number of customers is being limited to four at a time in the building and face coverings are required.
- The Readfield Public Library is closed to foot traffic but open for book drop-off and curbside pick-up.
- The Transfer Station has enhanced safety protocols - (plan on a few exrtra minutes)
- Paint and Plastic Film Recycling have been suspended due to the Coronavirus. Please save it for later!
- Use of Gile Hall for rentals and meetings is restricted to the Select Board and Emergency Services. No private events, no Board, Committee, or Commission meetings.
All other services remain available. In the future, if the need arises, some services may be modified to maintain public health and the health of municipal employees. Every effort will be made to minimize disruption and ensure that essential services continue.
Many of the services available at the Town Office are also available online. These include:
- E-alerts - Sign up for special and announcements and emergency communications
- Andro Pay - For Online Tax Payments
- Rapid Renewal - For Re-Registrations of Vehicles
- Dog Licensing and Renewal
- Sportsman Licensing (MOSES)
- IF&W Online law books for Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Snowmobiling/ATV and Boating
- Tax Information (Harris/Trio)
- ATV & Snowmobile Registrations
- Boat Registrations
- Open Burning Permits
Information and Resources:
- Municipal coronavirus Information and Resources
- Town of Readfield Emergency Operations Plan - Updated November4, 2019!
- RSU #38 Coronavirus Information
- RSU #38 Meal Program (for students and children)
- Kents Hill School Coronavirus Information
- In case of a fire, rescue, or public safety emergencies call 9-1-1
- Emergency General Assistance