GREAT NEWS! Beginning on JUNE 1st —
- Library will begin to accept book returns to outside Book Drop ONLY
- Library will open for Curbside Pickup Lending Services (see details below); no in-library lending just yet
- Library will add Beanstack reading challenge software for use with our Summer Reading Program—stay tuned for details in later June
- Library will continue FREE online offerings for cardholders of:
- Library will continue to offer 24/7 Wifi to the parking lot
- Library will continue email, telephone, and videoconference support for patron questions
- Library will continue to process NEW library cards in a remote, paperless fashion
- Library will continue online programming for children and adults
- NOTE: The earliest possible date for in-library lending is July 1st. We will keep the public informed as to when we will be able to open the building to patrons again, albeit in a limited fashion.
- NOTE: Interlibrary Loan services still remain suspended throughout the State. The earliest anticipated reopening of these services is sometime in July.
Details of New Curbside Pickup Lending Services beginning June 1st
- Patrons may call (207-685-4089) or email ([email protected]) to request library items.
- The Readfield Community Library card catalog is available online at the library website (go to the "Catalog" tab). Please feel free to ask the Librarian for book suggestions.
- Patrons should schedule (by phone or email) a curbside pickup time appointment during regular library hours.
- Patrons may check out all types of materials (books, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, puzzles, state park pass, etc.).
- Check out period will be 2 weeks, as usual.
- Adults will be limited to 5 items at a time for checkout, and children may check out up to 10 items.
- Your materials will be placed in a bag clearly marked with a ticket number and put on a table behind the library for you to pick up at your appointment time. Note that only one person is allowed in the curbside pick-up area at a time. If weather is not conducive to leaving materials outside, we may reschedule the pickup time.
- Renewals should be done by calling/emailing the library.
- Note that procedures for safe handling of library materials will be followed. All returned materials will be placed in "quarantine" for 7 days prior to being checked back in and returned to the library shelves to minimize the possibility of the virus spread. All library materials are handled by staff/volunteers with gloves.
Home Delivery—Homebound patrons may contact the Library to request home delivery of library materials. Volunteers will practice social distancing, wear face coverings, and use hand sanitizer and/or gloves when making deliveries to the outside of people's homes.
We thank the community for their patience during our time of limited and/or suspended services…
Please note that the plans for phased reopening of library services are being made and continually re-evaluated by the Librarian, the Board of Trustees, and Town Officials with the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff, and the Readfield community at large as a primary objective. These plans are made in accordance with guidance and requirements from the Maine State Library and the Maine Library Commission (COVID19 Prevention Checklist: Public Library Guidance approved by the MLC on May 20, 2020) and the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development (COVID19 Prevention Checklist Industry Guidance: Phase 2 Public and Community Buildings released by DECD on May 20, 2020). Please contact the Librarian with any questions regarding the plan. Please see the library website https://readfieldlibrary.wordpress.com/ and click on the "COVID-19 Response/Info" page tab (to the right of the "home" page tab) for the most updated information.